Search This Blog

Monday 3 October 2016

Why Nuns are Good for My Soul

There are so many design influences if you look around and see objects, plants, buildings, even animals and people. I have been drawing this pattern for sometime now and it always reminds me of a nun with their habits and veils. So I decided to call it BeNunTweed
 

It's full of lovely overlapping and seems similar to Ellish, which is also based on Betweed. It has a 'waist' and a face and also space for the veil. I can spend hours doing these kinds of patterns, building layers and layers, leaving lots of nooks and crannies to shade. Plenty of time to really get into that mindful zen place, with a little help from the nuns! 

I have scoured the pattern sites that we all use and can't find anything the same or with the same name. (Please let me know if you recognise this as already done.)

So here's the step out. It is a little tricky, but, once you know the steps, it's fairly easy to keep building. And then the shading helps show all the layers and depth. 



Below are progress pictures of BeNunTweed. You can see the progression of shading and how dark I have made it in the centre triangles. 






Here I have joined the Nuns with a gemstone and used Quandu and my pattern Oringel. The Nuns have got different 'crowns' on on this tile and as the last. 



I would love to see your versions of BeNunTweed. And if anyone actually thinks it looks like a nun?





No comments:

Post a Comment