Search This Blog

Friday 20 January 2017

Courage Dear Heart

Hey there tangling friends!

2017 is my year to be Wholeheartedly Courageous, to come out from under the black cloud and point my face towards the sun. I think I was brave to create a new Facebook group, set up this blog and write my turquoise stones tutorial ebook. It is scary putting a piece of you out there, but the support from the Zentangle community has been amazing. This year I want to get some of my art printed as note cards and as prints to sell. The first piece to get printed is this one...

When I started colouring this I made what I thought was a huge mistake - but it actually turned out better than I could have hoped for!


This is a quote from Aslan in The Chronicles of Narnia







This is one of my favourite Bible quotes...Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9 ESV)



Sometimes the thought of being braved all week terrifies and overwhelms me, but I can do it one day at a time. Just for today I will try to live through this day only and not tackle my life problems all at once. I can do something for 12 hours that would appall me if I had to do it for a lifetime. (Just for Today)


Another version of the Bible quote. 



Quote from Ann Voskamp. 



A few years ago I discovered the wonderful Brene Brown and her books. Here is her definition of Courage...

Courage is a heart word. The root of the word courage is cor - the Latin word for heart. In one of its earliest forms, the word courage meant "To speak one's mind by telling all one's heart." Over time, this definition has changed, and today, we typically associate courage with heroic and brave deeds. But in my opinion, this definition fails to recognize the inner strength and level of commitment required for us to actually speak honestly and openly about who we are and about our experiences -- good and bad. Speaking from our hearts is what I think of as "ordinary courage.

Brené Brown, I Thought It Was Just Me: Women Reclaiming Power and Courage in a Culture of Shame

Come and share what inspires you in my Facebook Group here

Find me on Instagram  @Wholeheartedcreations 

Find my Etsy shop here.











5 comments:

  1. Love your theme....and your art and quotes are so inspiring. Courage comes from very many sources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all.. your quotes and especially your gems... courage is a huge wonderful word!!

    ReplyDelete