Search This Blog

Monday 28 November 2016

Following Yonder Star

Hey there tangling friends!



The season of Advent is upon us and our lives will be frazzled for the next few weeks, but my eye is on the journey to the stable and the true reason for the season - whilst battling through stuffed shops, wading through piles of cards to be made and then written, the annual fight with Sellotape and wrapping paper and hurried conversations as we rush to the next task.













There has to be some slowing down, pausing to reflect on the Gift of Love, stopping to spend time with your loved ones. I may just be able to help you slow down a little, take half an hour to mindfully colour these stars I've designed for you. Concentrate on the strokes of the pencil and shut out the din of all those demands, meditate on what Christmas means for you and your loved ones.

Here's the link...Christmas Stars

Here are the progress shots of the process of drawing stars. I used a compass, protractor and ruler to draw the circles and mark off sections to give me as many points of stars as I want. As you can see, there are some with 4 points, 5 points, 6, 8 and 10.


I'm hoping to do a tutorial for this type of mandala after Christmas to show you all how easy it is!


Here are a couple of the stars with added colour.





Have a blessed Advent.











No comments:

Post a Comment